If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada and would like to sponsor your love ones to join your great life in Canada, let’s us help you with the family sponsorship process.
You may be eligible to sponsor
- your spouse, partner or children
- parents and grandparents
- adopted children and other relatives
Spouse, Common-Law category
To be an eligible sponsor, you must be:
- a Canadian citizen, a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or a permanent resident,
- at least 18 years old
- living in Canada:
- if you’re a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative becomes a permanent resident.
- You can’t sponsor someone if you’re a permanent resident living outside of Canada.
- able to show that you can provide basic needs for:
- your spouse or partner,
- your spouse or partner’s dependent children (if applicable)
- your dependent child (if you’re sponsoring only your dependent child).
There are 2 types of applications for Spouse and Common-Law Sponsorship
Outland Processing: your application will be processed through the visa office in the sponsored person's country of citizenship or where they legally reside. You and your Spouse/Common-law partner may still apply under this category even you both physically live together in Canada. The benefit of applying under this category is you be eligible to Appeal a refusal.
Inland Processing: your application will be processed in Canada. This category, you and your sponsor must live together. The benefit of applying under this category is the person being sponsored may be eligible for an Open Work Permit.
For more details, please give us a call or leave us a message. First consultation is Free, No commitment.