Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) – visitor, study and work (first time or after being refused)

Many foreign nationals need a temporary resident visa to enter Canada. TRV is a travel document that allows you to enter the country. The duration of your stay depends on the purpose of your trip. Generally, Tourists/Visitors can remain in Canada up to 6 months from the date of entry or upon the Canadian Boarder Service Agency (CBSA)’s discretion. Students and workers can stay in Canada so long that the study or work permit is still valid.


What are the requirements you must meet for a TRV?

You must show the officer that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations and that you will be in Canada for a temporary stay.

You must also:

  • satisfy an officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay,
  • show that you have enough money to maintain yourself and your family members in Canada and to return home,
  • not intend to work or study in Canada unless authorized to do so,
  • be law abiding and have no record of criminal activity,
  • not be a risk to the security of Canada,
  • provide any additional document requested by the officer to establish your admissibility, and
  • be in good health (complete a medical examination if required).


Let us add your confidence when applying for a visitor visa for the first time

Or if your visitor visa has been refused in the past, we will look into your case and solve the problem for you.


Please contact us or you can simply leave us a message below. First consultation is Free, No commitment.

Please kindly include your phone number if you would like to be contacted via telephone. Most of consultation will be in person. It is depend on how complexity of your case our immigration specialist consultant or immigration lawyer may present at our discretion.
While RIS would be pleased to discuss your immigration needs, please understand that merely contacting us does not create an client relationship. We cannot become your representative or represent you in any way unless satisfactory arrangements have been made with us for representation.